Sunday, December 20, 2009

Happy Holidays!

3078750954_a9a9f019f2_b

Hello there skywalkers. Again, I apologize for the long absence of new posts, more on that in a bit.

My last post was a very well received tour of Skywalker Ranch. Recently, professional photographer and filmmaker Philip Bloom did an awesome video of the ranch. It’s not much of a tour as it is more of a beautiful display of breathtaking imagery in superb quality.

You can read all about it’s making and Philip’s visit to the ranch over here.


And as a sounding present for our readership I bring you “Alma”, an excellent animated short by Pixar animator Rodrigo Blaas.
alma_poster03
Sound services provided by Skywalker Sound. With sound design by Tom Myers (my personal favorite) and David Hughes.

By the way, “alma” is not only the girl’s name but also a spanish word that means “soul”.

Finally, I wanted to talk a bit about the blog. Since I’m clearly not getting any extra spare time, I would like to see if any of our readers would like to jump in and help me keep this blog updated. You wouldn’t have to search for information or material, as for the most part I have accumulated information for a year worth of blogging. As for news, they also come my way. So, basically I would need someone who would like to write and put a blog post together. The only requirements would be an interest in Skywalker Sound affairs and a minimum knowledge of professional audio, since some blog posts might require a little bit of tech-talk. For anyone interested, be so kind to contact me.

Oh, I almost forgot. Be sure to check out James Cameron’s Avatar (as if you needed to be told), which also features Skywalker Sound’ services and Chris Boyes sound design.

Happy holidays!