Thursday, May 21, 2009

Star Wars: Soundboards

2640266918_c9d2fc9fea_b 
Hello there audiophiles!
I’m so sorry that I left this blog somewhat abandoned, life always manages to get in the way. But I decided to administer all the info and news in order to have more posts and less waiting time.

So let’s see, a few days ago the official Star Wars website released a very very interesting sound related feature.
soundboard

The Star Wars Soundboards. It’s an interactive interface in which you are provided with a lot of individual original sounds (without background music or ambience!) from the trilogy, to mix them as you want in a two channels mixer. In fact, I don’t really understand what’s the fun of doing that, because there is no music or other elements to play with. You have lots of voice snippets from all the main good characters (Luke, Han, Leia), R2-D2, Chewbacca, even the Tie Fighters and X-Wings, which is all awesome. But I don’t get what fun you can get playing with those sounds with the tools they provide you with. But I guess I don’t have to tell how much more fun you can have if you download/record those individual sounds into your personal library. I’m sure they are not in HD quality, but they sound pretty good anyway, and I bet most of the sounds (the voices mainly) haven’t been available before.

If you do anything interesting with them, let me know, so I can post it here. May the sound be with you!

1 comment:

Adam K said...

Yeah the application does seem sort of pointless; there's only two tracks, no speed adjustment, and each track snaps to the one before it (no overlapping unless you use the channels). I was hoping to create some remixes!